Executive technical leader in growth-oriented organizations. Focused on strategy, product-market fit, product development, revenue generation, customer success, services delivery, and team development. I create winning outcomes through listening, innovating, and leading. I am a team-oriented leader, data-driven decision maker, and focused operator.
Advising and helping clients exceed their business goals by applying my skills and experience across technology, product management, software development, and strategic consulting.
Ecommerce Branded Manufacturer/Retailer
Virtual Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). Improved internal processes and methodologies of marketing and ecommerce organization, notably establishing Agile and Kanban-style workflow, prioritization, and project management. Drove website upgrade project and user experience improvements to online conversion funnel (responsible for 80%+ of online revenue). Provided hands-on technical expertise with BigCommerce ecommerce platform management and Bronto EMP management. Established framework for cross-channel collaboration within conversion funnel.
Developed, deployed, and manage a web-based product database and customer engagement platform. The application is written in Python 3.6 on Django 2.1, and includes a system to rate and rank products (cards/game pieces sold by the retailer) against one another, and incorporates Machine Learning to help customers (players) improve their game.
Machine Learning Model Training Workforce Management company
Information integrity company
Assisted Customer Success and line-of-business teams with capturing, analyzing, and organizing the timeline and successes of their engagement with their largest commercial customer (Fortune 100). Developed services renewal and upsell outline and pitch deck.
Co-founded venture to help organizations hire the highest quality talent fastest by leveraging the people that they already know and trust. Built business models, performed market research, developed MVP, participated in investor outreach, and led sales efforts. Application MVP is developed in Django 2 on Python 3, leveraging ElasticSearch and MySQL/MariaDB.
Alegion provides a platform for the labeling and annotation of training data for Machine Learning initiatives and the workforce to perform the annotation tasks at scale.
Focused on process, methodology, and organizational alignment to advance customer success with the platform.
- Developed new engagement processes mapped to the customer life cycle, triangulating factors from how the business was to be measured by investors, to current product capabilities, to the team’s expertises, and to the future direction of the business.
- Drove product direction, roadmap, and alignment around customer enablement and scale based on empirical data and models, with focus on quality results at scale.
- Developed and implemented new organizational structure leveraging strengths and talents of Customer Success team and mapped to customer lifecycle (Sales Engineering, Delivery, Operations, and Supply).
- Implemented new processes for the interaction and engagement between Services team, Product team, and Engineering team, with focus on transparency, velocity, and agility.
- Provided subject matter expertise to Product and Engineering teams on Computer Vision training data annotation.
- Supported Fortune 500 customer engagements for machine learning training data in Computer Vision, Entity Resolution, and Natural Language Processing with a range of industry best practices, Python scripts, and creative problem-solving.
Weidenhammer is a strategy, marketing, and technology consulting firm focused on driving measurable results in improved customer experience, workforce productivity, and operational efficiency. Possessing a wide range of advisory, design, development, and engineering expertise, along with “best in class” strategic technology partners, Weidenhammer has helped thousands of companies to innovate and succeed in a digital world.
Managing Director, Commerce
- Formed new Commerce business unit. Responsible for strategy, management, and execution of new line of business, collaborating with five other lines of business.
- Responsible for P&L of business unit.
- Established strategic vision for business unit, and worked directly with customers to align technology and marketing spend to meet their commerce objectives. Strong focus on developing and executing an Omnichannel presence.
- Integrated team, customers, and business processes from Praxis Information Science, including Agile/Scrum and 12 off-shore resources, into organization.
- Drove go-to-market strategy, services packaging and direction, and account development. Partnered with Sales, Marketing, and Business Development organizations to expand Weidenhammer’s message and sales channels.
- Secured partner ecosystem relationships, including with key business partner, Magento. Grew relationship to executive management teams.
Praxis Information Science
Praxis Information Science was a distinguished Digital Commerce Agency, partnered with industry-leading retailers to develop innovative e-commerce experiences. Praxis paired forward-thinking design with disruptive
technologies to create experiences that transform customers into evangelists and businesses into icons. Praxis was a Magento Silver Solution Partner.
- Developed new business strategy, leveraging expertise, breadth of customer portfolio, and market need. Focused messaging on translating offline brand experience to online engagement, and delivering e-commerce at scale.
- Reshaped services delivery approach around Agile/Scrum. Integrated Scrum processes with value-driven pricing to insure that customers (product owners) received value with each Sprint.
- Led marketing direction and sales efforts. Organized customer portfolio to support marketing message platform. Drove new vision in marketing channels around PPC, partner ecosystems, and sales metrics.
- Hands-on leadership of Agile development teams in Argentina.
- Responsible for all financials and accounting. Owned P&L and financing.
- Delivered 8% Profit Margin.
- Responsible for business development and corporate development. Successfully packaged and negotiated sale of company assets to Weidenhammer.
Get Smart Content (now Bound)
Get Smart Content is a leading multi-channel personalization platform that enables marketers to segment online audiences and target them with personalized content throughout the buyer’s journey. Get Smart Content connects all of a customer’s data with online behavioral data allowing marketers turn their website and marketing data into an actionable tool to deliver top-performing content sequences to each market segment.
VP of Customer Success
- Led Customer Success team. Responsible for renewal, upsell, and expansion of customers.
- Managed customer lifecycle activities across pre-sales, on-boarding, training, success development, managed services delivery, and renewal. Developed and executed services direction, delivery, and account strategy.
- Developed maturity and customer lifecycle models to identify and assess prospect and customer needs and opportunities. Aligned customers with company direction by deploying account planning process across organization, leveraging customer lifecycle and product roadmap as key drivers for account development.
- Standardized customer account data and metrics. Developed infrastructure and tools to aggregate account data from various systems to create a holistic view of customer account and success. Analyzed and reported customer metrics to all levels of organization, including Board of Directors.
- Assessed customer base and market to develop a vertical account strategy for Travel & Tourism segment.
- Championed customer advocacy programs in conjunction with Marketing. Deployed NPS and customer outreach programs.
Vast delivers Big Data for Big Purchases, providing decision-making tools to buyers and sellers in the midst of complicated purchases. Vast blends powerful real-time personalized analysis of local market trends with massive inventory and relevant data from the Automotive, Real Estate, and Travel industries.
Senior Director of Services
- Responsible for service delivery and customer satisfaction for USAA, Vast’s largest client.
- Development and execution of product direction, delivery, and account strategy for Real Estate marketplace platform that spans Desktop Web, Mobile Web, and Mobile Applications for buyers, sellers, agents, brokers, and relocation coordinators.
- Management of partner relationships to identify and realize growth opportunities, business process improvements, and relationship-strengthening engagements.
- Development and management of digital customer acquisition models, including organic, social, email, and referral. Analysis and optimization of in-application activity to improve customer engagement, conversion, and product success.
Thinktiv is a premier Austin-based business builder. Part venture accelerator, part strategic advisory, part agency, Thinktiv combines unique talents and perspectives to help entrepreneurs and mid-market organizations identify the quickest and most effective path to a winning outcome.
Vice President of Services
- Responsible for all aspects of services execution across Product Management, Marketing, Creative, Technology, and Delivery. Managed organization of 10 on-shore and ~15 off-shore consultants.
- Managed finance, accounting, and related back office systems to develop insights and reporting.
- Engaged directly as executive sponsor, product manager, and solution architect in projects as diverse as energy market modeling, retail analytics, mobile wellness, and healthcare marketplace development.
- Maintained organizational capabilities and capacity. Exceeded utilization and margin targets.
Demand Media / Pluck (now two organizations, Leaf Group and Sprinklr)
Demand Media is an Internet media company that creates and provides content for real life. Pluck is a SaaS platform and a business unit of Demand Media (acquired in 2008) that provides an integrated community platform for retailers, brands, and media to grow audience, accelerate sales, and foster loyalty.
Vice President of Technology, Products & Services
- Co-GM of Pluck, responsible for Product Management, Product Development, Operations, Customer Service, Customer Success, and Professional Services. Managed 45-person organization between Austin and London. Responsible for $13MM in annual recurring revenues, and partnered with Head of Sales to achieve global sales targets.
- Drove key initiatives around customer retention programs at the intersection of product and service. Streamlined communication channels between Product Management, Development, and Customer Support, and empowered Customer Success and Professional Services teams through communication transparency and organizational objective alignment.
- Led strategic product and market positioning initiatives to place Pluck within partner channels (notably, IBM Websphere Commerce).
- Responsible for strategic M&A activity.
Vice President of Technology & Services
- Led sales effort to win largest deal in company history with the largest Japanese fashion retailer.
- Responsible for Product Development, Operations, Customer Care, as well as Professional Services.
- Implemented Net Promoter System and drove organizational improvements around monthly results. Implemented customer segmentation program to identify and triage customer events more effectively.
- Directed infrastructure initiatives to increase throughput of storage and application software. Achieved substantial reduction in deployed versions across 200+ distinct environments.
- Sponsored key product advancements in analytics, reporting, and insights. Evaluated technology accelerators, led customer and market research, and provided executive support to Product Management and Product Development.
Vice President of Services
- Responsible for all aspects of Customer Care. Architected and implemented program to reduce cost of service and streamline customer operations, saving over $500k in expenses, while growing revenue opportunities through development of new offerings in outsourced business process services.
Senior Director of Services
- Led sales effort to win largest deal in a new market (US retail) with a Fortune 50 company. Provided executive sponsorship for complex implementation with multiple vendors and integrators.
- Directly supported sales effort to win largest LTV account in company history. Actively drove implementation with integration partners.
- Pivoted services business to drive additional revenue from previous focus of product delivery. Realized ~$250k in new opportunities for each quarter while program was in effect.
Director of Engagement Services
- Established processes, tools, and infrastructure to deliver on first wave of customers.
- Led development of services organization to go from 0 to 60 customers within 18 months.
- Owned relationship with key early customers, providing early product validation in the market and customer-product alignment.
Authoria / Hire.com (now PeopleFluent)
Hire.com was a SaaS talent management platform that enabled organizations to find, cultivate, and hire the best talent. Authoria acquired Hire.com in 2005 to complement its suite of ERP-integrated solutions in compensation, benefits, performance, and succession.
Manager of Services Solutions
- Engaged with Fortune 500 prospects and customers to scope all Professional Services work. Assisted Sales to position organization’s technical excellence in products, services, and security. Directly responsible for over $1MM in Professional Services.
- Established Professional Services Quality Assurance organization. Built team of off-shore resources (India) to lower costs in custom report development and quality assurance.
- Managed the Technical Consulting Program of Professional Services and established a center for technical excellence inside Professional Services.
- Maintained utilization rates of 80%+ across practice and exceeded margin expectations.
Software Engineer at Hire.com, Intelliquest, and others
- University of Texas at Austin, School of Natural Sciences, Computer Science 1996-1999
- Austin Community College – 1995-1996
- University of Southern California, School of Architecture – 1994-1995
Family. Building things and exercising creativity. Economics, data, and decision science. Competitive games, especially cards. Cooking. Photography. Mindfulness, yoga, and martial arts (9 years studying various forms). Literature and the arts, especially alternative perspectives. Kids soccer coach. Travel, both with kids and without.